Press Release: 5th Pan-African Congress in Munich in 2015
Reclaiming African and African Diasporic Voices!
The fifth Pan-African Congress in Munich in 2015 will take place on October 10th & 11th in “Das Schloß”, Schwere-Reiter-Str. 15, 80637 Munich.
Admission is free
The fifth Pan-African Congress will take place in Munich, this time under the slogan
"Reclaiming African and African Diasporic Voices!"
The previous four Pan-African congresses, which took place every second year in Munich were received with positive international feedback. The slogan of this year's congress refers to the “Decade for People of African Descent” from 2015 to 2025, which was proclaimed by the United Nations and aims to bring the situation of African descended peoples more into focus. This conference aims to garner more attention for the Pan-Africanist cause. In our view, the decade is connected with political demands for participation and equality.
The Pan-Africanism Working Group, host of the Congress and member of the recently founded network ENPAD, European Network for People of African Descent, will focus on the following themes:
- Science and Research from an African and Afro-Diasporic Perspective
- Burkina Faso - a Revolution with International Significance
- SOS! Present Day Slavery in Africa (e.g. Mauretania)
- Commemoration: October 1945, Fifth Pan-African Congress in Manchester / October 2015, Seventy Years Later, Continuum of Pan-African Movement
- SOS! Refugee Dramas: Responsibilities and Challenges
For more information regarding the aforementioned themes please see the information below.
Read more … Press Release: 5th Pan-African Congress in Munich in 2015